Monday, 5 January 2015

Happy New Year ... albeit a few days late ;)




Happy New Year my beauties.  I know I'm a few days overdue but what a jam packed few days it's been!

As with many, I like to use this time of year for reflection.  Deciding what it is I want from the new year ahead, things I want to achieve and what it is I want for myself and my family.  Each year a friend of mine challenges us to pick three words that mean something to us and apply it to the year ahead.  Last year I chose Surrender ♥ Abundance ♥ Service.

I tend to hang on to problems, tying myself up in knots over what I can/should/must do to solve them.  More often than not, this doesn't help, it just makes me ill and nothing positive ever comes out of it.  So last New Year's I resolved to surrender it up to my Higher Power and allow what would be, to be.  And what an enormous difference that made in my life, I'm happy to report.

Abundance was my next word.  And it covered a multitude of things for me: health, wealth, family time, me time, writing time, etc.  Unfortunately the last four months of 2014 came with an abundance of heartache and loss too.  But I guess one has to accept the good with the bad.

I can't honestly say that I got to be of service in 2014 but I did try and for that I've decided to give myself some credit and a break.  The little that I did manage to contribute I hope will have made a difference to those it reached.

This year I've decided that my three words will be Love ♥ Writing ♥ Success.

And now I put the challenge to you ... what will your words be in 2015?  Let me know?  I'd love to hear about it.

May your year ahead be filled with love, laughter, blessings and beautiful memories to last a lifetime.

Much love,
Angelé xx

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful concept Angelé-) I chose Balance (because I'm a Libran and I desperately need it when I become overwhelmed by all my activities), Acceptance (for I struggle to accept things the way they are and would beat myself into submission before finally surrendering and accepting reality - yip I need this one) and Gratitude (for I have so much to be thankful for in this life and there is always something to be grateful for). Thanks for this great idea - I will add it to my New Year's Resolutions (which I have not written as yet!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous choice of words Sumi! Phoenix started this "tradition" a couple of years ago and we started out picking just one word for the year. Three years ago she challenged us to three and it's stuck. I find it actually works well. Let me know how it goes. A xx

    ReplyDelete